Applicants for Active Membership should exhibit an interest in, and a commitment to, vascular surgery. Active membership will be considered for candidates who fulfill the following requirements:
- Currently practice in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Have completed an ACGME approved Vascular Surgery Residency or Fellowship Program.
- Have obtained a certificate of Special Qualifications in Vascular Surgery through the American Board of Surgery.
- Demonstrate a significant interest in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease, through educational endeavors and/or research related to vascular biology (see below).
- Demonstrate a commitment to the practice of vascular and/or endovascular surgery (see below).
- Applicants should sign up through our online portal.
- Applicants should identify a Member of the Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society to serve as a Sponsor. The Sponsor should be familiar with the candidate’s vascular surgery training, clinical work, and/or present standing in his/her medical community. The Sponsor may be a partner, member of the applicant’s professional group or the vascular surgery training Program Director. An Endorsement Form from the Sponsor (or a Letter of Recommendation) should be included with the application.
- Active membership may be considered for select physicians who have not completed an approved vascular surgery residency program and achieved a Certificate of Special Qualifications in Vascular Surgery. Such physicians include those with training in vascular medicine or peripheral vascular disease; or surgeons, interventional vascular radiologists, or cardiologists who demonstrate a commitment to the practice of vascular and/or endovascular surgery.